Our approach to teaching is created from a multitude of resources. We follow a Student Centered and Active Learning Approach. Teachers and students play an equally active role in the learning process. We provide education with an objective to empower students to make decisions, to find creative solutions and plan effective action strategies. The curriculum is structured in a manner that keeps your child in touch with the ever-changing world trends, right from the Pre School to the senior level.
We believe that the teacher’s primary role is to coach and facilitate student learning and overall comprehension of material in an active and joyful learning environment. Student learning is measured through both formal and informal forms of assessment, including group projects, student assignments, and class participation. Teaching and assessment are connected. Student learning is measured through continuous monitoring and feedback during teacher instruction.
Each child is considered as a unique individual with her/his own needs, talents, strengths and weaknesses. A single method of teaching therefore cannot suit all the students. A combination of appropriate teaching approaches is used so that all the students benefit. We constantly evaluate and rejuvenate classroom teaching strategies so as to impart knowledge and skills in the most effective manner best suited to the needs of the learner.
Pre School and Pre Primary Levels (Nursery and Kindergarten)
- Learning is made interesting, fun and activity oriented at this level. The Playway Method is extensively followed. This method of teaching is informal and natural to suit the child’s interests. Participation of the students is encouraged through various activities such as drawing and colouring, writing, group games, clay modelling, puzzles, flash cards, conversations and puppetry. We believe that children learn more by touching, seeing, smelling, tasting, and exploring than by just listening.
- Poems and stories are dramatized using expressive actions.
- Focus is on developing communication skills
- Audio visual teaching aids offer a multi sensory inter-active learning approach helping children to comprehend clearly various concepts such as in Number Work, English and E.V.S.
- Nature walks and regular educational tours to the Zoos, Railway Museums and Parks develop a sense of openness towards the world.
- The learning is not just limited to cognitive development, but also for the overall development of the child.
Primary Level (Class I to Class V)
- A thematic approach is designed to stimulate the children through various inter-active sessions and activities.
- Extensive use of ICT to supplement classroom teaching.
- Project works in class calls for mass participation. An equal emphasis is laid on developing a strong sense of individuality.
- Field trips and excursions make learning fun.
- Newspaper articles, quizzes, crosswords and other learning tools are used to enhance general awareness
Middle Level (Class VI to Class VIII)
- The emphasis is on acquiring in-depth conceptual knowledge
- Personality development, value education and coping with peer pressure are stressed upon at this stage.
- Students work in groups and make power point presentations on subject related topics.
Senior Secondary Level (Class IX to Class XII)
- Science and Commerce are the main academic streams offered at the Institution.
- Various combinations of subjects can be chosen so that students can pursue their desired higher courses of study in college.
- Stress is laid on preparing students for the prescribed CBSE syllabus.
- Extra coaching classes are organised for all students.
- Students are encouraged to study and revise the subject matter on their own rather than depending on tutorial classes.