The School is named after Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib, ninth Guru of the Sikhs who laid down his life not for his own faith and doctrines, but for the fundamental rights of the Hindu Religion. He emphasised that no mighty power or political authority had the right to impose any particular creed and culture either by force or through tempting indoctrination on any religious or cultural minority.
Guru Tegh Bahadur’s martyrdom worked a miracle in Indian history. It was the beginning of the end of the mighty Moghul empire. Aurangzeb’s tyrannical phase of persecution and terror ended with the martyrdom of Guru Tegh Bahadur.
Guru Tegh Bahadur’s life and teachings have great relevance for our present age of intolerance and political ideologies. He was the poet of human freedom and the musician of divine wisdom. He was the lover of truth and justice and he dedicated his life for the freedom and peace of humanity.
He teaches in his slokas:
He who fears no one, Nor strikes fear in any one,
Consider my mind, Nanak says, Such a man to be an enlightened sage
(Bhai kahu ko det neh, neh Bhai Manat aan.)
- Guru Tegh Bahadur Public School strives to promote academic excellence by providing world class value based education to children from all sections of society in keeping with the guidelines envisaged in the NPE.
- We shall accord priority in admitting children of the Sikh community. Emphasis in the curriculum will be laid on the ethical and moral principles enshrined in the teachings of the great Sikh Gurus.
- We believe in constantly challenging the status quo by creating innovative techniques for joyful learning through technology and varied instructional strategies.
- We focus on the whole child and respect individual needs by fostering a caring environment enabling children to enhance their social, emotional, creative and physical development as well as become respectful and responsible citizens for the future.
- We promote sportsmanship, school spirit, and pride in ourselves through our daily studies and our educational endeavours.
Guru Tegh Bahadur Public School will be a place where students are motivated to learn through quality instruction and leading-edge technology. Students will graduate with the skills they need to compete and excel in an increasingly technology-based world and become knowledgeable citizens for the world of tomorrow.